Forensic Waterproofing Expertbarry@terra-petra.com
Barry Taheri is the owner of California Consultants (a partner of the Terra-Petra Waterproofing Division). In this role, Barry leads a diverse team of professionals providing all aspects of water management assessment including education, forensics and litigation support. As a partner with the Terra Petra above grade Waterproofing and Testing Division, he provides waterproofing consulting, education, design, and testing for all above grade new construction, including, wall, fenestration, decks and roofs. This expertise is a result of his experience completing over 5000 forensic projects; concluding with a thorough understanding of the overall system and details from a water management perspective.
Barry maintains active general contractor licenses in multiple states, in addition to several system and manufacturer certifications. Barry offers accredited educational seminars and lectures on the topics of Title 24, Part 6 (Energy Code), water management, wall and cladding systems.
Qualifications, experience and accreditations are as follows;
· Designated industry expert for the state of California (CSLB)
· Over 24 years’ experience in Forensics, Weatherization, Field Testing.
· Building Envelope member, of the Los Angeles Chapter, of the BEC.
· DuPont Envelope Certification number; DWSRC 1082
· State of California License, B 904491
· Certified Water Testing with equipment calibrated annually.
· Certified Thermography imaging.
· Consultant and Industry Expert – 24 years of Experience in Commercial and Residential Construction.
· Experience in Forensic Investigation and Analysis of Construction Defects: Site Inspections, Destructive Testing, Issues Analysis and Cost of Repair.
· Litigation Case Review: Contracts, Codes, Standard of Care.
· Exterior Envelope Failure Analysis: Water Intrusion at Roofing, Windows, Waterproof Decks, Exterior Finishes, Drainage Plane, Framing, Finish Carpentry and Below Grade Waterproofing.
· ASTM & AAMA Window & Door Leak Analysis with respect to Product or Installation Failures.
· Member of APLC: Associated Plastering & Lathing Contractors.
· Member of FEWA: Forensic Experts Witness Association.
Education and Certification:
Accredited Architectural School-waterproofing Consultant-(USC)
State of California License, B 904491
DuPont Envelope Certification number; DWSRC 1082
Solving Mold Training Certificate
Solving Moisture Training Certificate
State of CA Weatherization Training Certificate
State of CA Certification CAS, (Combustible Appliance Safety)
State of CA Certification Shell and Sealing (Envelope/Enclosure/HVAC)
State of CA Certification Blower Door Testing
EPA Lead Safe remodeler
Hinkle crop certified
CIM Industries certified
Government designated industry expert (CA)