Building Waterproofing Expertrobert@terra-petra.com
Robert Tellez is a well qualified, results-driven building waterproofing expert and professional. As forensic and cost-estimating consultant for over 24 years, Robert offers substantial experience with on site inspections, field investigation and destructive testing, preparation of state and federal cost estimates, analysis of subcontractor contracts, contractual issues, research of building codes, product and industry standards, analysis and preparation of allegation summary reports, repair recommendations as well as construction defect litigation experience. He is also serves as a technical writer for TECHNIQUES and COMMENTS; a division of ROBERTS CONSULTING GROUP.
Additional waterproofing industry specific experience includes:
- Exterior Envelope Failure Analyst: Water Intrusion at roofing, windows, waterproof decks, exterior finishes, drainage plane, framing, finish carpentry and below grade waterproofing.
- Window and door leak analyst with respect to product or installation failures.
- Inventor of United States Patent: www.RainStop2000.com.
- Certified Industry Expert – Developed California State Contractors License Board Examinations for Stucco, Drywall and Metal Framing.
- Case Review: Contracts, Building Codes, Standard of Care, Industrial Standards.
With over 38 years of experience in the commercial and residential construction, he has built an excellent reputation for quality assurance programs and in-depth knowledge of single family house developments construction operations management. A Licensed Contractor: B General Contractor; C-9 Drywall; C-26 Lath; C-35 Plaster/Stucco, Robert has been involved with numerous construction start-up and compliance programs, and has coordinated on site inspections for most every project. He is a highly organized professional in every phase of the construction process. Over the last 15 years, Tellez has served and continues to serve on boards and committees for various industry professional organizations.
- Treasurer 2002-2003 of ASPE: American Society of Professional Estimators.
- 2001-2002 ICBO: Certified Building Use & Construction Type.
- 2009-2012 Board Member of APLC: Associated Plastering & Lathing Contractors.
- 2010-2011 Member of FEWA: Forensic Experts Witness Association.
- Current ASTM Member & Official Voting Committee Member of C01, C011, C021, C028, C029, C032, C048, C074, C091, C094, C096 C097.