Terra-Petra offers over 20 years of methane gas mitigation and soil gas mitigation design experience. With a Civil Engineer, Registered Environmental Assessor, Registered Geologist and Certified Engineering Geologist on staff, we design these systems all day every day.
We are very conversant with the code requirements for the City of Los Angeles, the County of Los Angeles Environmental Programs Division, the Orange County Fire Authority and the Fire Departments of Los Angeles, Huntington Beach and El Segundo. We routinely design both passive and active systems. Where it is deemed appropriate, Terra-Petra can design mechanical vapor extraction systems and electronic gas detection and alarm systems – employing the latest technologies.
Terra-Petra takes pride in shepherding our plans through the plan check process in order to provide each of our clients with agency approved plans. Since each project has it’s particular uniqueness, it may be prudent to submit a Variance/Modification for an alternate Mitigation Design–one that often affords the developer a cost savings. It is important to note that Terra-Petra has roughly an 85% success rate on our Variance/Modification submittals. Click on Featured Projects for a sample of designs completed by Terra-Petra.
Terra-Petra is recognized as a Methane Design Engineer by the following agencies:
Among our many capabilities, Terra-Petra provides:
- Easy to read comprehensive plans including project specific details and specifications.
- Passive and Active Design Capabilities.
- Plan coordination with project Architect, Civil, Structural, Plumbing, HVAC as well as the Landscape Architect.
- CAD Draftsmen on staff carry an Associates of Science Degree in Computer Aided Drafting Technology and Certificates in Architecture and Design for Drafting.
- 85% success rate on Variance and Modification submittals.
- Plan Check Expediting.