VAPOR INTRUSION MITIGATION DESIGN
Some governing agencies will require any new structure built on a contaminated site to protect the occupants from potential soil vapor intrusion with a Subslab Building Protection System, while some developers elect to do so voluntarily because of a potential human health risk down the road. Regardless of the reason, Terra-Petra can design a system for you. We routinely design these passive and active Building Protection Systems across numerous cities and counties governed by many different agencies.
A typical Building Protection Systems consists of an impermeable soil vapor membrane and a pressure relief system. Where deemed appropriate, Terra-Petra can design mechanical vapor extraction systems, electronic gas detection and alarm systems; employing the latest technologies.
Among our many capabilities, Terra-Petra offers:
- A Civil Engineer, Registered Environmental Assessor, Registered Geologist and Certified Engineering Geologist on staff.
- Years of experience designing code compliant Building Protection Systems for numerous governing agencies.
- Easy to read comprehensive plans including project specific details and specifications.
- Passive and Active Design Capabilities.
- Plan coordination with project Architect, Civil, Structural, Plumbing, HVAC as well as the Landscape Architect.
- CAD Draftsmen on staff carry an Associates of Science Degree in Computer Aided Drafting Technology and Certificates in Architecture and Design for Drafting.
Each Vapor Intrusion Mitigation System should have CQA / CQC Monitoring.
Contact Terra-Petra for a Vapor Intrusion Mitigation System Design proposal today