BROWNFIELD MITIGATION DESIGN
Some governing agencies will require any new structure built on a Brownfield site to protect the occupants from potential soil vapor intrusion with a Subslab Building Protection System, while some developers elect to do so voluntarily because of a potential human health risk down the road. Regardless of the reason, Terra-Petra can design a system for you. We routinely design these passive and active Building Protection Systems across numerous cities and counties governed by many different agencies.
A typical Building Protection Systems consists of an impermeable soil vapor membrane and a pressure relief system. Where it is deemed appropriate Terra-Petra can design mechanical vapor extraction systems, electronic gas detection and alarm systems – employing the latest technologies.
Among our many capabilities, Terra-Petra provides:
- A Civil Engineer, Registered Environmental Assessor, Geologist and Certified Engineering Geologist on staff.
- Vast experience designing code compliant Building Protection Systems for numerous governing agencies.
- Easy to read comprehensive plans including project specific details and specifications.
- Passive and Active Design Capabilities.
- Plan coordination with project Architect, Civil, Structural, Plumbing, HVAC as well as the Landscape Architect.
- CAD Draftsmen on staff who carry Associates of Science Degrees in Computer Aided Drafting Technology and Certificates in Architecture and Design for Drafting.
Each mitigation design should have CQA/CQC Monitoring.
Contact Terra-Petra for a brownfield mitigation system design proposal today.