Terra-Petra’s Environmental Engineering Division has partnered with a leading environmental consulting firm in the Bay Area to design a comprehensive Vapor Intrusion Mitigation System (VIMS) for a new high-rise residential-rental mixed-use building located in San Francisco, CA.
We will be following the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) Vapor Intrusion Mitigation Advisory to design a combination passive venting and sub-slab membrane VIMS system as a means of mitigating human health risks associated with PCE in subsurface soil vapor. Our services will also include providing the necessary Quality Assurance/Quality Control Oversight during the installation of the system. This is a process and a role that we feel very comfortable carrying out.
Regardless of the reason, Terra-Petra can design a vapor intrusion mitigation system for you. We routinely design these passive and active Building Protection Systems across numerous cities and counties governed by many different agencies.
A typical Building Protection Systems consists of an impermeable soil vapor membrane and a pressure relief system. Where deemed appropriate, Terra-Petra can design mechanical vapor extraction systems, electronic gas detection and alarm systems; employing the latest technologies.
Among our many capabilities, Terra-Petra offers:
- A Civil Engineer, Registered Environmental Assessor, Registered Geologist and Certified Engineering Geologist on staff.
- Years of experience designing code compliant Building Protection Systems for numerous governing agencies.
- Easy to read comprehensive plans including project specific details and specifications.
- Passive and Active Design Capabilities.
- Plan coordination with project Architect, Civil, Structural, Plumbing, HVAC as well as the Landscape Architect.
- CAD Draftsmen on staff carry an Associates of Science Degree in Computer Aided Drafting Technology and Certificates in Architecture and Design for Drafting.